
We had a great time at the zoo. We ended up buying a season pass for me and a guest. Kids 3 and under are free. Give me a call if you want to go to the zoo.
We have been looking forward to watching Josh race for a long time. For those of you who don't know, Olive has "moto-gear" in all sizes, from tiny baby- 4 year old size. Josh is attempting to groom her for racing dirt bikes. I was not convinced at all until he brought home a little bike as a joke. It was for a 10 year old, but he wanted to see if Olive could ride it, she wasn't quite big enough. I, on the other hand, could ride it. I took it for a spin around the block and it was a lot of fun. Josh is a little bit nervous to let me on a bike since I wrecked his bullet bike into his car. While on the ride around the block I got really nervous about stopping at a stop sign, so before I got to the sign I slowed way down and made a big U-turn. As a finished the turn and started to straighten out, I saw James and Josh running down the street toward me. Apparently I took a long time getting around the block and they were both sure I had killed myself on the bike. Anyway...this was my first inkling that dirt bikes could be a lot of fun, and maybe Olive could ride if she wanted. As the races started the feeling of excitement I had while on the 10 year old sized bike came back in full force. I thought motocross could be a lot of fun, and maybe I would even encourage Olive to ride. That is until Josh's race. He started off great and was at the front of the pack. Then on his second lap around we saw him pushing his bike up the side of a hill. We didn't see what happened. He started his bike back up and kept going. Then a few more laps around he hit a big jump. The wind caught his bike and took it one way, while he fell the other. (It was really windy all day, and wind and sand are not the funnest combination.) He fell on the backside of a hill and we couldn't see him. He popped up pretty quick and pulled his bike off the side of the track. He started it up again and finished the race. We were all very relieved that he seemed okay, until we got back to the trailer. As soon as we walked up he asked when we got there. (These pictures were taken before his race.) I asked him what happened and he didn't know what I was talking about, he couldn't remember racing. He didn't know where we were, or what day it was. He was asking us all the same questions over and over. We asked him how his bike was and he asked what happened to it. We showed him his broken helmet and he asked what happened to it. This went on and on all day. It got pretty entertaining when he was trying to flirt with some girl, but kept asking them the same questions over and over.
He is okay now, still can't remember a whole lot, but is feeling much better. Needless to say...I don't think Olive will be riding motocross any time soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment