Thursday, March 20, 2008

James is a clothes loser.








I mean that quit literally. The first time I met James' family was at Christmas time. I had gotten the cutest J. Crew coat the spring before and loved every detail of it. I was very excited to get some good use out of it in the bone chilling cold of Cobourg, CA. James picked me up at the airport in Toronto. There was naturally lots of hugs and kisses, the perfect-boyfriend-picking-up-girlfriend-after-weeks-apart-airport-moment. James took my coat and my luggage like any gentlemen would. With all the hearts and kisses and twitter patted eyes that were swirling around us, neither of us noticed that somewhere between the gate and the car my coat has fallen off the rolling luggage where James had put it. We spent a good hour retracing our steps and reporting the beautiful missing coat to anyone who would listen. Through out our Christmas stay James made many a call to the airport hoping to find it before our flight back. Some Canadian is very warm to this day in my wonderful tan corduroy coat.
Tonight I met James after work at Gateway to search for the perfect color cardigan to go over the cutest Easter dress I found last week. I shoved the pink, maroon and off-white dress in Olive's diaper bag as I left the house. As I was searching Forever 21 James passed the time with Olive watching the water shows. (P.S. I hate trying to match things that I bought in different store because I feel like a shop lifter when I am pulling a small part of the dress out of my purse to see if it matches.)
I did find exactly what I was looking for and went out to watch a water show feeling very triumphant. We got home and as always I wanted to fashion show what I had purchased to my eager audience (James, Olive and Maple). THE DRESS WAS GONE. We have searched high and low. I am blaming the clothes loser. Needless to say....I have a very cute Easter cardigan, and Easter shoes. I am trying to tell myself someone else needed the perfect Easter dress more than I did.

3 comments:

sherry ward said...

HA HA HA... Gotta love James!! What a bummer! I have had this same thing happen to me except with the temple dress of my dreams!! But like you said, someone needed that dress more then I! ;)

Unknown said...

Hello Brimacombe,

This is Rat. Finnally i am able to see your life through blog's life. What a generation are we. Anyway buddy, Looks like your all happy and having a perfect family life. It is wonderful to hear from you and now we (mainly Rat) can see what's going on your life. If you have time we do also have a blog and check it our.
http://rajaanjela.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you've entered the blogging world. It's the best! And I have to admit that there is a very strong possibility that I would cry if I were to lose either my coat or my dress. That is just plain awful. :(